Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolve.


I haven't thought about new years' resolutions at all yet. It's almost as though I'm preventing myself from it. Like I don't want to commit to actually thinking about anything seriously. I did a lot of serious thinking this year. There was that whole quarter-life crisis where I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. And I had that meeting with Ger and I thought I was ok and then I wasn't again.

Well, anyway. I need to set goals for 2010, because 2009 was so very lacking in direction. It was just floating and bouncing and floating again. I am lucky that I have a job in a school for now, I can sing for now and I have piano students. These are all things that I at least don't have to think about. I also know that I will be working for Midsummer Festival in the summer and there will be my brother's wedding in July. After that I don't know. But in fairness, that's the next seven months taken care of. I would quite like to make a few new resolutions at the start of every month too.

Personal goals.

Obviously, I have to lose weight. I don't even see this as a goal because it's already happening. But it is a goal to be a size 10 for the wedding.

Things I want to take up: Low Whistle/Tin Whistle, belly dancing, running, continue piano and singing and guitar.

Finish my album. I can't believe how long this is taking me.

Have some ME TIME. Been sorely lacking in recent months.

Sort the house out. Massive declutter. Paint, decorate, etc.

Make a YouTube video soonish.

Is that enough?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't make New Year's resolutions because I tend to find things never go to plan in a way that allows me to keep them.

But it is good to have goals and taking care of 6 or 7 months at a time isn't bad! When I came back from LeakyCon I had nothing, but within a few weeks I had The Snow Ball and you know how long that kept me busy for!!

Anyway, my uncle's already said himself that he's going to get your flyer done, but anything else I can do, just let me know!

Wyatthaplo said...

New years resolutions, not sure if i will do any this year. I very rarely stiuck to them.

Celtise said...

I have some very strict resolutions this year but my main ones will be to stop freaking out about moving/work/masters and just live life and make short term fun plans to look forward to as to not have another near break down and burnout like I had in the end of 2009.