Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wuss.

The house has been closing in on me for quite a while now. I finally snapped and as a result, we are about to make some big changes. The kitchen is being expanded to include the dining room and the living room and kitchen are being re-floored.

BORING!

In preparation for the improvements I've decided to either donate or sell many of my books. This is really difficult! I keep thinking "Ohhhh, but, maybe I'll read it again!" or "What if I need it?!" etc. It's so hard. I'm a freak about books too. No one may crease the pages, bookmarks must always be used. They must be kept away from moisture and food. (The exception to this rule are all of the Harry Potters which are frequently read in the bath...)

This morning I was practically just closing my eyes and stacking the books while trying not to look at them too clearly. It's distressing. Hopefully posting little pictures of them will make me feel better. Like proof they existed. :(

If you see anything you like, leave me a comment or a message on facebook. I'll be adding to the list as books go out. The first consignment is going to the second hand bookshop tomorrow!

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.SOLD!

Looking for Alaska by John Green SOLD!

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris SOLD!

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green SOLD!

Things I Wish My Mother Had Taught Me by Lucia Van Der Post

Beauty Basics for Teens by Dianne York-Goldman

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket

Wicked by Gregory McGuire

  Tolkien's Gown and Other Stories of Great Authors and Rare Books by Rick Gekoski

SOLD!

Life Strategies for Teens. (I never read this. And I have literally JUST realised who wrote it...) SOLD!

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne SOLD!

Girls in Love three-in-one by Jacqueline Wilson SOLD!

Girls in Tears by Jacqueline Wilson SOLD!

No comments: